(toppers-users 4049) TOPPERS/SafeG for QEMU 【日本語版】

Daniel Sangorrin dsl @ ertl.jp
2012年 12月 18日 (火) 12:36:50 JST

Dear all,

This is Daniel Sangorrin from Nagoya University.

I'm glad to inform you that we just released a special package of
TOPPERS/SafeG that includes support for the QEMU emulator.

TOPPERS/SafeG is a dual-OS monitor based on ARM TrustZone security
extensions. With this release, it is possible to run Linux (Non Secure
mode) and FMP (Secure mode) in parallel on top of QEMU.

Until now, TOPPERS/SafeG has been ported to several targets. However,
we had to face problems such as the rather high price of typical
development boards; the use of NDA contracts which disabled the
possibility of releasing SafeG as open source code; the fact that
information about TrustZone was scarce in most chips; and the problem
with boards that, although supported, are not available for purchase
anymore. (*)

This release adds support for the open source QEMU emulator, and
therefore it allows trying TOPPERS/SafeG for free. SafeG can also be
debugged to understand its source thoroughly step by step.

The released special package can be downloaded from here:

http://www.toppers.jp/safeg.html (safeg-0.4-qemu-14dec2012.tar.gz)

For user instructions, please refer to the "README.txt" and
"safeg/target/vexpress-a9/README-EN.txt" files.

This package also includes several scripts (fetch_sources.sh,
build_all.sh, run_qemu.sh) for automatizing the process of downloading
all of the necessary sources (Linux, QEMU, FMP, u-boot, etc.); and
patching, building and running them on Ubuntu 12.04.

Best regards,
Daniel Sangorrin
Nagoya University

(*) At the moment, it is possible to use SafeG on a rather cheap board
called armadillo-800-EVA
(http://armadillo.atmark-techno.com/armadillo-800-EVA) that includes a
Renesas Electronics R-Mobile A1 (ARM Cortex-A9) single core chip. This
is available to TOPPERS members today, and is expected to be released
to the general public in the next SafeG version (0.5).