(toppers-users 3513) Re: SafeGのprebuiltについて

Daniel Sangorrin daniel.sangorrin @ gmail.com
2011年 7月 19日 (火) 14:35:32 JST

Dear Sasao-san,

Thanks again for your interest.

The u-boot manual has everything you need but it is quite big so I
would suggest you to first follow the instructions of the SafeG user's
guide and only reference the u-boot manual when you don't understand
something.

You mentioned that you run u-boot and got this messages:

M:\> flash run u-boot

U-Boot 2010.06-dirty (Jan 05 2011 - 14:10:22)
***  Auto-detects ethernet chip ***
Code cloned from branch 090728_armdevCS of
git://linux-arm.org/u-boot-armdev.git
Release AEL-5.0
Remote commit cloned   UNKNOWN
Latest commit locally  UNKNOWN
git state UNKNOWN
DRAM:  0 Bytes
Flash: 64 MB
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   LAN9118 ethernet chip detected
SMC_RV-9118-0
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
RealView_PB #

The last line ("RealView_PB #") is a prompt. So you can introduce
commands for example to download binaries into RAM. You just need to
write the commands that appear in users.txt in order to load the
binaries from FLASH memory to RAM memory. And then jump to SafeG.
Something like this:

RealView_PB # cp 0x3C0C0000 0x10300000 34704
RealView_PB # cp 0x3C100000 0x10320000 46324
RealView_PB # cp 0x3C200000 0x6000000 97496
RealView_PB # go 0x103086a0

Note: this commands can be saved in the u-boot environment (using the
setenv command). This way you don't need to write them each time you
update your binaries. You can also use tftp instead of writing your
binaries to FLASH during development.

If you have any doubts or problems please don't hesitate to ask me.

Best regards
Daniel

PS: If you prefer I can understand you if you write to me in Japanese.